Recipe Serves: 2
Serving Size: 2 cakes
Zucchini grated, and liquid squeezed out
Shredded cheese, reduced fat
For the Lemon Yogurt Sauce:
Greek yogurt, fat free, plain
- Grate up about half of a medium sized zucchini. Dump all that grated zucchini into a thin dish towel or cheese cloth and wrap all the sides up around it forming a ball. Twist the cloth at the top, right about the ball of zucchini, and keep twisting is as tight as you can to squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, add the squeezed zucchini and all other cake ingredients and mix well together.
- Heat a medium frying pan to medium low. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Scoop about half of the mixture out into one side of the frying pan and use your spoon to form a round flat cake, about ½ inch thick. Let it cook for about 5-6 minutes on medium low.
- When golden brown, flip over with spatula.
- While the cakes are cooking, mix up lemon dill yogurt sauce and set aside.
- When cakes are golden brown on each side, more to plate and top with yogurt sauce.
Calories: 204; Protein: 26g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Total Sugar: 6g; Added Sugar: 0g; Total Fat:5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 125mg; Calcium: 130 mg; Potassium: 595mg; Sodium: 295 mg; Iron: 3mg