Other Surgical Procedures
Our Commitment to You
At Weight Loss Institute of Arizona, our highly trained surgeons and staff are dedicated to your well-being. With us, you have a partner on your journey to better health. We are here for you around the clock, offering support before, during and after your procedure. We share your goal of a healthier, more fulfilling life, and your success is our top priority.
For women and men from throughout the area, Weight Loss Institute of Arizona has become synonymous with bariatric surgery. At our Tucson, Phoenix, Tempe, Arrowhead and Scottsdale offices, however, we also offer a full range of other surgical procedures using advanced techniques and technology. Some of these procedures are related to weight loss, but many are performed as a part of routine or specialized healthcare. In either case, our experienced surgeons provide unsurpassed care and personal attention to help make your procedure as comfortable and anxiety-free as possible.
If you would like to learn more about any of the surgical options we offer, request your consultation online.
Menu of Surgical Services
The following are a few of the most commonly performed procedures at our surgery center.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) – This is an examination of the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and upper duodenum with a flexible endoscope (small camera) which is inserted down the throat.
- Colonoscopy – This procedure is used to see inside the colon and rectum, and can detect inflammation, ulcers and abnormal growths. The doctor inserts a long, flexible, lighted scope into the anus and slowly guides it through the rectum and into the colon. It may be a part of routine healthcare or prescribed to help diagnose unexplained bowel symptoms.
- Lap Cholecystectomy – This procedure uses a laparoscope to remove the gallbladder. It is performed through several small incisions rather than through one large incision.
- Hemorrhoidectomy – Surgery to remove hemorrhoids involves closing off the swollen vein inside the hemorrhoid, then removing the hemorrhoid through incisions. The surgical area may be left open or stitched closed.
- Hernia Repair – We utilize laparoscopic technology for minimally invasive hernia repair. Through a series of tiny incisions, our surgeons can reinforce the defect with surgical mesh, resulting in a shorter operative time, less discomfort, and a quicker recovery.
Real patients discuss their weight loss journeys, and how they regained their health and their lives with the help of Weight Loss Institute of Arizona.
Calculate Your BMI
The best way to learn more about us and our bariatric surgery procedures is to discuss your needs and concerns with one of our compassionate, experienced surgeons. Request your consultation online or RSVP to one of our weight loss seminars today.