For women and men from throughout the area, Weight Loss Institute of Arizona has become synonymous with bariatric surgery. At our Tucson, Phoenix, Tempe, Arrowhead and Scottsdale, Ariz., offices, however, we also offer a full range of other surgical procedures using advanced techniques and technology.
Some of these procedures are related to weight loss, but many are performed as a part of routine or specialized health care. In either case, our experienced surgeons provide unsurpassed care and personal attention to help make your procedure as comfortable and anxiety-free as possible.
If you would like to learn more about any of the surgical options we offer, request your consultation online.
Menu of Surgical Services
The following are a few of the most commonly performed procedures at our surgery center.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) – This is an examination of the lining of the esophagus, stomach and upper duodenum with a flexible endoscope (small camera) which is inserted down the throat.
- Colonoscopy – This procedure is used to see inside the colon and rectum, and can detect inflammation, ulcers and abnormal growths. The doctor inserts a long, flexible, lighted scope into the anus and slowly guides it through the rectum and into the colon. It may be a part of routine health care or prescribed to help diagnose unexplained bowel symptoms.
- Lap Cholecystectomy – This procedure uses a laparoscope to remove the gallbladder. It is performed through several small incisions rather than through one large incision.
- Hemorrhoidectomy – This surgery removes hemorrhoids and involves closing off the swollen vein inside the hemorrhoid. The hemorrhoid is removed through incisions. The surgical area may be left open or stitched closed.
- Hernia Repair – We utilize laparoscopic technology for minimally invasive hernia repair. Through a series of tiny incisions, our surgeons can reinforce the defect with surgical mesh, resulting in a shorter operative time, less discomfort and a quicker recovery.
If you’re in need of any of these routine health care procedures, request a consultation online so you can learn more.