Dr. John J. DeBarros, FACS, FASMBS
Our Commitment to You
At Weight Loss Institute of Arizona, our highly trained surgeons and staff are dedicated to your well-being. With us, you have a partner on your journey to better health. We are here for you around the clock, offering support before, during and after your procedure. We share your goal of a healthier, more fulfilling life, and your success is our top priority.
Dr. John DeBarros is a medical director, partner and one of the lead surgeons at Weight Loss Institute of Arizona. A board-certified surgeon, he specializes in weight loss surgery in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe, AZ. For the past 4 years, Dr. DeBarros has been recognized as a "Top Doctor" by Phoenix Magazine.
If you are considering bariatric surgery in Tucson or the Phoenix area, let the doctors at Weight Loss Institute of Arizona help you on your way to a fuller, healthier life. Request your consultation online or RSVP to one of our weight loss seminars today.
Dr. DeBarros is committed to the health and well-being of his patients through a team approach that includes weight loss surgery, diet, exercise and educational support. Dr. DeBarros is a firm believer that the goal of weight loss surgery is success, not just surgery; therefore, individualized patient care is of paramount importance!"
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery
- Certified LAP-BAND® System Surgeon
Fellowship in Colorectal Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic, Florida
Medical Degree and Surgical Residency
- University of Connecticut
Distinctions & Memberships
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Real patients discuss their weight loss journeys, and how they regained their health and their lives with the help of Weight Loss Institute of Arizona.
Calculate Your BMI
Specialized Surgery Center
Dr. DeBarros founded the East Valley Surgery Center along with Dr. Michael Orris. The doctors currently own and operate this specialized, state-of-the-art facility to ensure that it maintains its standing as an approved Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. This distinction means that the surgery center meets the highest standards in the industry for cleanliness, surgeries and outcomes.
In addition to performing surgery at the East Valley Surgery Center, Dr. DeBarros has privileges at the following respected local hospitals:
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Phoenix Baptist Hospital
- Banner Estrella Medical Center
- Surgical Specialty Hospital of Arizona
- St. Luke's Medical Center, Phoenix
- Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Read what our patients say about Dr. DeBarros at www.drjohndebarrosreviews.com.
Find Dr. DeBarros on Google +